Sunday, January 27, 2008

Developing Your Style Through An Ideal Day

Often, an individuals' style is the biggest field of free play and free choice, that can help us understand the type of person we are. In an exercise from "Chapter Two: Wishing," I learned about various ways that you can find out what type of style you have through fun activities. These activities can help you to understand what makes you the type of person you are on a daily basis.

Style, can be anything that gives you motive to do what ever it is you do. Your choices matters the most and can help you to declare yourself, when declaring yourself is not easily done. The article states that one's style develops as you grow and is incomparable to another individuals' style. Each style is unique and when you become aware of your individuals' uniqueness, only then can you learn to respect and cherish yourself as well as others.

In Exercise 9 "Your Ideal Day," I was asked to write about my ideal perfect day. In my perfect ideal day, I would be on a countryside three story home overlooking the sea and with my the love of my life. My day would start at 7 am with morning yoga and or dance lesson. I would ease myself out of be careful not to wake Raja. Dance lesson would be following by a hardy homemade breakfast with Raja at 8 am after which he would head to work. Breakfast, would consist of my favorite Indian breakfast which is similar to pancakes, fruit and chai (tea). At about 9 am, I would clean my home, take my morning bath, and proceed to my garden filled with acres of pink flowers. After finishing in the garden, I would prepare a picnic lunch and head to the outskirts of my property under a tree or on the beach for a picnic lunch and relaxation. After lunch, I would head back to the house and take a book or the papers and lay on my patio with book/paper in hand, enjoying the afternoon and a stress free day. Sometime around 2pm, I head into my office and begin work for my events planning business. At around 5pm, I head inside and into the kitchen to start preparing dinner. After preparations have been make for dinner, I head upstairs and shower and await Raja's return from what he's doing. At 7:30 pm, I eat dinner with Raja, after which taking a book in hand head to by living room by the fireplace and sit down to read or have a lengthy conversation with Raja about his day or mine. Finally at around 10 pm head to bed and begin the next day fresh.

Exercise 9 as well as the various other exercise are very useful and in my opinion get down to business without all the hassle. They have helped me discover my style and I hope they will help you discover yours. These exercises were very interesting and I think this article may be beneficial to you. Take a look and let me know what you think. You can find the article at...http://www.wishcraft.com/wishcraft_ch3.pdf .

P.S. From Exercise 4: Pick a Color ("I am Blue.")

My color is...I am pink. I am uniquely exotic and serene like a rose. I am beautiful and tranquil like a lotus flower. What color are you?

No comments: