Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The Meaning of LIfe--An Entreprenuer's Interpratation


As I sit on the train and contemplate the meaning of life on my way home from work, there is so much going through my minds. Life has so many mysterious meanings both good and bad. Everyone’s perception of the meaning of life is different according to his or her lifestyle(s) and individual personalities. For me though, I cannot put a definite answer to the meaning of life. I do think life is about being fortunate enough to give back what God as given you. Life is about chances and opportunities. However, it is what the individual does with those chances and opportunities that really makes the difference in this world.
Sure, life takes us down its bumpy roads and beat us until we can't bear its hardship anymore, but the only thing a person can do is dust himself off and continue down the same road life has shown us. My life for example endured a lot of bumps, yet I am still traveling down life’s roads and making the best of what I have. Someone I know always says, life is like a river that carries many streams, sometimes it may comes at you light, medium, and or even hard. However, whether you sink or swim it all depends on your choices. Life gives us path along its road and the individual build his or her destiny by taking careful steps and enduring whatever comes your way. No matter what the individual makes of his or her life, it all depends on that person. In other words, what you bring to the table is what you get—or what influences your life. When you bring positive attitude, self-confidence and determination then there is no way that you can fail. However, when you bring only negativity, uncertainty, and dishonesty then you are most likely setting yourself up for failure.
In terms of materialism, life is based on the ideology that it does not matter how much you have or what you have. It is simply based on the actions of the individual(s) involved. Good actions equal a good life and bad actions result in a bad life. Being able to give someone something without seeking anything in return is a prime example in this case. Many people feel that the more you have the richer you are—generally this is not the case. A person may have a lot of money and wealth but they may be the most miserable person in the world. In terms of life, what is money when you have no happiness?
On a personal note, I think the meaning of my life is about using the resources that friends and loved ones has given you to become successful in this world. I feel that they have given you a ‘chance’ to be someone. Hence, when I become someone of status, then I too will give an opportunity to someone else. Life in my opinion is about shaping your destiny and whatever decision you take to attain that destiny is influenced by your environment, your loved ones, you religion, and everything else that matters to you.

With that note, what do you think is the meaning of life?

No comments: